If your house was hit by a flood or other emergency water, you may be at risk of mold growth. Mold can grow very quickly in damp humid environments as a result of a lot of standing water. Within hours, mold can begin to form, causing a large number of potential health risks for you and your family. If you try to contact the mold to remove on your own, can be a risky business. Specialized high water resistance and mold removal equipment is necessary, not to mention safety gear and masks. There are certified mold removal contractors in your area who can do the job safely and efficiently. Do some research and find the one that is higher than the estimated customer and certified, insured and licensed. Make sure they are IICRC certified restoration contractor, an important distinction in the industry that lets you know you are credible and reliable.
If you are not sure of the presence of mold in your home, a contractor for the restoration of the license home can carry out an inspection of the house thoroughly to find the mildew and other bacteria growth systems High mold detection technology. It’s never a good idea or course of attempting mold removal yourself. What are some of the dangers of mold in your home? Here are some, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of Diseases:
- Mold can be dangerous, especially for people suffering from diseases of the upper respiratory tract, such as asthma and chronic lung disease.
- Some types of mold can cause memory loss, drowsiness and other side effects.
- Mold can grow in wet environments on wallpaper, dust, insulation, paints, fabrics, upholstery, drywall and carpet.
Prevention is the best line of attack, and here are some tips:
· Make sure the humidity is not too high
· It is important to carefully monitor and repair leaking pipes, windows and ceilings
· Ensure adequate ventilation in areas such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, kitchens and
· If dry, clean and disinfect all areas affected by floods or plumbing emergency (a certified contractor is highly recommended for this procedure)
By hiring a licensed certified mold company, will protect the health and welfare of you and your family as well as to protect the value and integrity of your home. Contact a company that has positive feedback from customers on its website, and can provide some references.